MSW Certificate Programs
The MSW program offers students the opportunity to earn a Certificate by focusing their education on a particular area of social work. Only one Certificate may be earned within the MSW program. This Certificate will be noted on one's transcript and students will receive an electronic copy or hard copy of the Certificate. There are five Certificate programs:
- Addiction Counselor Training (ACT);
- Aging & Health (A&H);
- Promoting Child & Adolescent Well-Being (ChAP);
- Latina/o/x Initiatives for Service, Training, and Assessment (LISTA);
- Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC).
To compare eligibility, requirements, and other information for the Certificates, view our comparison chart; for detailed information about a specific Certificate, click on a link below.
The application to Certificate programs opens October 1, 2021.
The following may apply:
- MSW students in the Traditional (on campus) program or Blended program who will be entering their specialist (advanced) field placement in fall 2022 may apply to Aging & Health, ChAP, LISTA, or VAWC.
- MSW students in the Traditional (on campus) program may apply to ACT. You may be a first, second, third or fourth year student.
- The application link for 1 and 2 above is: https://rutgers.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a9UkKggln2ULPKu. The application closes November 28, 2021.
- Postgrads who already hold an advanced clinical degree may apply to ACT. Application link: https://rutgers.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ur7GHrf4YZixOS. The application closes November 15, 2021.
Late applications will not be accepted. Applicants will be notified of decisions by mid-December. MSW students accepted to a Certificate will be able to change their spring registrations to accommodate Certificate courses.