Facts and Figures
An extensive selection of live webinars
All our expert-led programs are designed with professionals in mind. Register for an engaging webinar and receive skills that you can put to work the next day. With over 350 webinars annually, we have something for every professional.
Advance Your Career with a Rutgers Certificate Program
Are you looking to develop expertise in a specific area?
Perhaps it’s time to deepen your skills with a specific population such as older adults or children? The Rutgers University School of Social Work offers several certificate programs designed to give you the necessary skills and knowledge in key areas of practice. Learn from dynamic instructors who are chosen for their expertise and real world experience.
Our certificate programs range from 8 to 14 webinars in duration – with each covering an essential area of knowledge. The trainings are taken throughout the year and when each webinar in the program is completed, you earn your certificate. Completion of the certificate program is self-paced. A certificate can generally be earned within one to two years, or over the course of several - you decide.
What is a Certificate Program?
A certificate program deepens your expertise in a defined area. It shows professionals, clients, and potential employers that you have advanced training in a specific area from a respected university. Please note, a certificate program is not a license or certification that qualifies you for employment or practice in a specific area
Key Information about Certificate Programs:
- To start a certificate, simply begin taking webinars posted on our website.
- Any webinar can be taken singly or as part of a certificate program.
- Each certificate program can generally be completed within one to two years, or it can be completed at your pace over multiple years as desired.
- You can track your progress toward earning a certificate through your account with "Certificate Advisor" on our website.
- Full details on each certificate can be found by clicking on certificate title below.
- For more information, please email the Office of Continuing Education.
Healthy organizations find ways to keep their staff energized and knowledgeable. We can custom design training for your organization on almost any topic related to social work practice. Training that is targeted to your specific needs and delivered by instructors who are expert and dynamic.
Customized webinars range from a single topic, to a related series of webinars, to entire certificate programs. We serve small nonprofit agencies, large organizations and large conferences. Consider the areas your staff needs training on and contact us and we will bring it to you as a customized webinar!
- Workshops tailored to your organization's most pressing needs
- All the staff learning the same thing, at the same time
- Cost effective group rate
- Includes CE Hours for Social Workers, and Licensed Professional Counselors
Are You Ready to Teach?
The Office of Continuing Education offers over 350 continuing education webinars each year on a wide range of topics. We are always glad to receive proposals for new webinars that are relevant to social work practice. If you are an experienced presenter with an engaging webinar idea, please contact us at email@example.com
Prerecorded Trainings Available Anytime!
Home-study Webinars with CE Hours for Social Workers
Available 24/7 - These trainings are asynchronous - not live instructed.
Create an account on the Rutgers online CE portal to see your workshop choices.
You can mail a registration form with a purchase order or check. You can also select the “purchase order” option when registering online and send the purchase order by mail or fax. Please make sure the participant’s name is indicated on the purchase order and/or check. If your employer would like to register an employee using a Visa or MasterCard, we can take your information over the phone. Please remember, registration needs to be submitted under the name of the person attending the workshop.
Confirmation e-mails are usually sent right after mailed registrations are processed and a week before the webinar date for registrations made online.
You must register for a webinar no later than 30 minutes before the start time to ensure you receive the login information.
Check our website and search the webinar by title or number.
We will contact participants via e-mail if we must cancel an event due to low enrollment, emergencies, or inclement weather. You can choose to receive a coupon or a full refund for cancelled workshops.
You must notify us before the event date. You can request a coupon valid for one year that can be applied towards another webinar OR a refund less a $10 cancellation fee. Coupons cannot be exchanged for a refund. If you do not show up on the webinar day without informing us, no restitution will be made. All refund requests must be made within 30 days of the event. When a webinar or event is cancelled due to weather or insufficient enrollment no penalties apply.
It is acceptable if you are 15 to 20 minutes late for an event or webinar. If, for any reason, you miss more than 20 minutes, you cannot receive CE hours. If you miss more than 20 minutes of an event, please contact the Office of Continuing Education to discuss your options. Our office is open M-F 8:30 am - 4:40 pm ET or you may email us.
Please note, we do not issue certificates with partial CE hours.
For in-person events, the instructor is directed to not allow participants to attend who are later than 20 minutes. If you need to leave a little earlier (20 minutes or less), please let the instructor know in the morning so arrangements can be made.
For webinars, the timed Zoom attendance record must show you have missed no more than 20 minutes of the webinar to receive CE hours.
Credit card purchases will be refunded to the same card originally used within a couple of days of your request (less any cancellation fees due). If you paid by check, you will receive a refund check in the mail (please note this process involves different departments at Rutgers and the processing time is around three to four weeks). Refund requests must be made within 30 days of the event.
There is great variability in how these terms are used state-by-state and across professions. In our CE program, we use the term CE Hours to indicate the actual clock hours or “seat time” of the events offer.
Yes, unless otherwise noted. We are an approved provider for CEUs in NY.
Yes! This website lists a series of one-hour and two-hour asynchronous online workshops.
There is no application to our certificate programs and no deadline for completing them. Certificate programs are self-paced; once you complete the required and elective webinars, you earn your certificate (listed on page 7). Once you have attended all of the webinars, please notify our office and we will send you the final certificate. You can track your certificate progress on our website with the “Certificate Advisor” link. Please note that required certificate workshops are typically offered over the span of a calendar year.
Replacement certificates can be emailed upon request. There is a $10.00 processing fee to print and mail a paper certificate.
Continuing Education Provider Details
We are an approved social work continuing education provider in all 50 states
All webinars are approved for continuing education hours (CE Hours) by:
- The Rutgers School of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education is approved as an ACE provider (provider #1849) to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 4/5/2023 – 4/5/2024.
- The Rutgers School of Social Work in accordance with New Jersey Administrative Code 13:44G and recognized by the New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners.
- The Rutgers School of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, #1849, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 4/5/2023 – 4/5/2024.
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), ACEP #6389. The Rutgers School of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6389. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Rutgers School of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.
- New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work recognizes the Rutgers School of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers, provider #0069.
- New Jersey Department of Education, approval code #1965.
- Addictions workshops are appropriate for LCADC and CADC recertification/renewal [N.J.A.C. 13:34 c-53].
- All programs provide approved continuing education hours for New Jersey licensed: Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists and Teachers unless noted.