MSW Fellowship in Aging
As part of its continued commitment to fostering excellence in social work and aging, the Rutgers School of Social Work offers fellowships in social work and aging. MSW students who are selected as fellows demonstrate exceptional commitment to work with older adults and their families. They also demonstrate a high level of potential for enacting leadership in gerontology at any level of social work practice. The MSW Fellowship in Aging is part of Rutgers' participation in the national Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education.
To Learn More about the Fellowship
- Visit the "frequently asked questions" page about the program by clicking here.
- View a brief informational video about the program by clicking here.
- Learn about prior fellows' leadership projects by clicking links within the box located in the top right-hand corner of this webpage.
Benefits of the Fellowship
- A scholarship of $2,000.
- An enhanced field placement in aging that includes a student-directed, field-based project to promote leadership development for the field of aging.
- Additional advising from faculty and peers.
- A mark of distinction on your resume.
- Accepted into the MSW Aging & Health Certificate program.
- Students in either the Clinical OR Management and Policy(MAP) specializations are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The Application for the Fellowship in Aging will be open as of 4/1/2018 and will close on 4/15/18 for incoming Advanced Standing MSW students starting field in the summer of 2018.
The application involves completing an online form and, if selected as a candidate, participating in an interview.
If you are an incoming Advanced Placement MSW student and you have been accepted into the MSW Aging & Health Certificate program you are eligible to apply. To apply for the 2018-2019 Fellowship in Aging please email us at email@example.com for access to the online application.
(Please note: The deadline for Traditional MSW students to apply for the 2018-2019 Fellowship has passed).
2017-2018 MSW Fellows in Aging
Congratulations to the following students selected as Fellows in Aging for the 2017-2018 academic year: Kristian Hunt (Parker Home, Piscataway), Jessamyn Tabakin (Atlantic Health Home Care and Hospice, Morristown), Janet LeMonnier (Barnabas Hospice and Home Care, Livingston), and Mindy Elkins (Penn Medicine,Virtua Cancer Program, Moorestown).