Beginning with a comprehensive assessment of organizational functioning in each of New Jersey’s 21 counties, this project assisted the leadership teams of county-level public welfare agencies to define and enhance organizational outcomes and provided management and leadership training.
Center for Leadership & Management
Meet our Team
Selected Projects and Programs
Supervisors and managers participate in a customized leadership/professional development training series and will have access to individual coaching post training.
Planning and evaluation services for opioid recovery programming.
MAP Chat is a speaker series featuring Rutgers MSW Management and Policy (MAP) alumni who hold leadership, management, and policy positions. Targeted to an audience of MSW students, staff, and faculty, the series features topics on nonprofit leadership, community practice, and career development. It aims to generate knowledge in the MAP arena, and build connections to our extensive network of alumni leaders.
The aim of MAP Connect is to support professional development in the area of human services management and leadership, strengthen the networks of MAP students/alumni, and to facilitate working relationships that inspire professional growth. This is a voluntary program for both students and alumni. Although sharing similar elements, MAP Connect is NOT a formal mentorship program. Alumnus offer insights from their employment experiences, and can also provide constructive feedback, encouragement, and support about career options.
Technical Assistance, Training, and Evaluation Services
Drawing on the wealth of experience and talent available at Rutgers University and the School of Social Work, the Center for Leadership and Management offers consultative services to nonprofits in New Jersey.
The Center provides customized courses, training to fit the specific needs of nonprofit and public organizations. The Center also provides Executive coaching. These services are fee-based.
Additionally, the Center offers evaluation, need assessment, and planning services.
For further information, or to discuss consultation in more depth, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karun K. Singh
- Center for Nonprofits - NJ based organization providing knowledge, insight and tools for nonprofits. https://www.njnonprofits.org
- National Association of Social Workers New Jersey Chapter (NASW-NJ) https://naswnj.socialworkers.org
- Network for Social Work Management https://socialworkmanager.org
- Associations for Community Organization and Social Action https://acosa.clubexpress.com/
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) https://www.arnova.org/
- National Council of Nonprofits https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/
- NJ Policy Perspective - nonpartisan think tank https://www.njpp.org
- National Conference of State Legislators - human services policy https://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services.aspx
- NJ Chamber of Commerce - news and policy https://www.njchamber.com
- New Jersey Future - policy, research, and advocacy https://www.njfuture.org/
- US Department of Labor - workforce tools, strategies, technical assistance, grants, news https://www.dol.gov/agencies/eta
- NJ Department of Human Services - resources and information https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/
Let Rutgers put you on the MAP
RUSSW MSW students have the option to specialize in Management & Policy. MAP coursework is designed to build and enhance knowledge, skills, and competencies of current and future leaders of nonprofit and public service organizations and to assist them in strategically managing the many challenges presented in today's human services environment.