Combined MSW/Ph.D. Program
Deadline for combined MSW/PhD application is February 1.
The School of Social Work offers a Combined MSW/PhD Program. Applicants may apply to the program with their application to the MSW program, or they may apply in their first year as a matriculated student in the Rutgers MSW program.
All applications for the dual degree must go through the School of Graduate Studies application process.
Application requirements for dual degree are:
- Application to MSW program
- Application to PhD program
- GRE scores
- Three letters of reference (at least one should be from a professor who can speak to your intellectual abilities and potential)
- Two personal statements - one targeted at MSW degree and one at the PhD program
- Contact PhD program director for an interview that can be scheduled from January 15 - March 30
It is anticipated that enrollment will be 1 or 2 highly qualified MSW students per year.
Students in the Combined Program must be registered full time. They will take a block field placement in the summer following completion of their foundation year in the MSW program, and begin taking PhD courses in the Fall of their second year. The selection and sequencing of PhD courses will be made in consultation with the Ph.D. Program Director and the student's faculty advisor.
For more information contact Allison Zippay, Ph.D. Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.