Master of Social Work (MSW)
The Rutgers School of Social Work is ranked among the best social work graduate programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has one of the most ethnically and racially diverse student populations in the nation. The MSW program attracts students who are concerned for individuals, respect diversity, and promote social justice while upholding the high standards and values of the social work field.
We strive to make our MSW degree programs flexible, accessible, and affordable.
- 100% Online and Blended Online MSW programs
- Intensive Weekend programs for working professionals
- Traditional, on-campus MSW program offered in New Brunswick, Newark, and Camden
- Advanced Standing MSW programs for applicants with an earned bachelor of social work from an accredited program
The MSW program chart allows you to compare program options and choose what works best for your life.
Our students gain expertise through MSW-embedded certificate programs in:
- Aging and Heath
- Addiction Counselor Training (ACT)
- Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC)
- Promoting Child and Adolescent Well-Being
Global programs and student-driven areas of emphasis also allow students to pursue the specialty they are passionate about. We welcome you to explore the wealth of offerings and opportunities available to you.