Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I register for a workshop or webinar?
You register online at socialwork.rutgers.edu/ce
- How do I register if my employer is paying?
You can mail a registration form with a purchase order or check. You can also select the “purchase order” option when registering online and send the purchase order by mail or fax. Please make sure the participant’s name is indicated on the purchase order and/or check. If your employer would like to register an employee using a Visa or MasterCard, we can take your information over the phone. Please remember, registration needs to be submitted under the name of the person attending the workshop.
- Do I receive a confirmation email?
Confirmation e-mails with a link to directions are usually sent right after mailed registrations are processed and a week before the workshop date for registrations made online.
- Where do I find directions to my in-person workshop?
Directions are available on our website (socialwork.rutgers.edu/ce) under “Location and Maps”. We recommend you print out the directions since they are usually more precise than your GPS.
- How late can I register for a workshop or webinar?
You can register at any time as long as the workshop is available. However, if you register less than a week before an in-person workshop date, your name may not be printed on the roster. In that case, print your name and sign the roster. Once the roster is received in our office, and the system is updated, you will receive your certificate via e-mail. You must register for a webinar no later than 30 minutes before the start time to ensure you receive the login information.
- How can I tell if a workshop is open for registrations?
Check our website at socialwork.rutgers.edu/ce and search the workshop by title or number.
- How do I know if a workshop is canceled due to bad weather or low enrollment?
Check your email. We contact participants first via e-mail if we must cancel a workshop due to low enrollment, emergencies, or inclement weather. If we don’t get a response, we will follow up with a phone call. You can choose to receive a coupon or a full refund for cancelled workshops.
- What happens if I need to cancel a workshop or webinar?You must notify us before the event date. You can request a coupon valid for one year that can be applied towards another workshop OR a refund less a $10 cancelation fee. Coupons cannot be exchanged for a refund. If you do not show up on the workshop day without informing us, no restitutions will be made. All refund requests must be made within 30 days of the event. When a workshop is cancelled due to weather or insufficient enrollment no penalties apply.
- What happens if I am late or need to leave early when attending a workshop or webinar?
It is acceptable if you are 15 to 20 minutes late for a workshop or webinar. If, for any reason, you miss more than 20 minutes, you cannot receive CE hours. If you miss more than 20 minutes of an event, please contact the Office of Continuing Education to discuss your options. Our office is open M-F 8:30am-4:40pm ET. email@example.com
- Please note, we do not issue certificates with partial CE hours.
- For in-person events, the instructor is directed to not allow participants to attend who are later than 20 minutes. If you need to leave a little earlier (20 minutes or less), please let the instructor know in the morning so arrangements can be made.
- For webinars, the timed Zoom attendance record must show you have missed no more than 20 minutes of the webinar to receive CE hours.
- How do I receive a refund?
Credit card purchases will be refunded to the same card originally used within a couple of days of your request (less any cancellation fees due). If you paid by check, you will receive a refund check in the mail (please note this process involves different departments at Rutgers and the processing time is around 3- 4 weeks). Refund requests must be made within 30 days of the event.
- What is the difference between CEUs and CE Hours and where are they applicable?
There is great variability in how these terms are used state-by-state and across professions. In our CE program, these terms are used interchangeably and refer to the actual clock hours or “seat time” of the workshops we offer. Please see the “Special Notices” section on page 2 of this catalog or the “CEU Provider Details” section of our website for specific entities approving our CEUs.
- Do the CE hours count for the NY state license?
Yes, unless otherwise noted. We are an approved provider for CEUs in NY.
- Do you have asychronous online workshops?
Yes! We have a series of one-hour & two-hour asynchronous online workshops. They can be found at: https://RutgersCE.wcea.education
- How do I apply to a certificate program?
There is no application to our certificate programs and no deadline for completing them. Certificate programs are self-paced; once you complete the required and elective workshops, you earn your certificate (listed on page 7). Once you have attended all of the workshops, please notify our office and we will send you the final certificate. You can track your certificate progress on our website with the “Certificate Advisor” link. Please note that required certificate workshops are typically offered over the span of a calendar year.
- How do I receive a replacement certificate?
Replacement certificates can be emailed upon request. There is a $10.00 processing fee to print and mail a paper certificate.
Persons with disabilities requiring special accommodations may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org