Doctor of Philosophy in Social Work (Ph.D.)
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in conjunction with the Graduate School-New Brunswick provides an outstanding program. Here are just a few key elements:
- Rutgers is a member of third highly selective Association of American Universities (AAU) comprised of 62 leading research universities in North America.
- Location allows for easy access from New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
- Faculty are top-notch in their respective fields.
Learn more about life at Rutgers.
If you are a prospective student interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or a dual MSW/Ph.D., visit Ph.D. admissions or dual degrees for information about how to apply. Call us at 848-932-5333 if you have questions.
Our Ph.D. program prepares you for a career as a faculty member, research scientist, or policy analyst and offers you:
- Access to exceptional faculty
- A dynamic, diverse, and accomplished student body from across the United States and the world
- Strong professional development support, including funding for conferences
- Research facilities that rank among the best in our nation
- Research opportunities with faculty and institutes in areas including child welfare, poverty, violence against women and children, mental health services, addictions, gambling, international development, prevention, health, and public health
- Competitive funding packages for all full-time students
- Excellent job placements in academia and research
Please use these links to access:
Choose Your Research Opportunities
We have an extensive network of faculty and institutions and provide you with excellent faculty-supervised research opportunities. Choose from a variety of areas, including child welfare; poverty; violence against women and children; mental health services; addictions; gambling; international development; prevention; health and public health. Explore your options and talk with your advisor about your interests.