Traditional On-Campus Programs
The traditional, on-campus program is the largest MSW program at the School. Offered on all three campuses (New Brunswick, Camden, and Newark), students choose from a schedule of daytime and evening classes and an incredible array of field placements available throughout New Jersey and neighboring states.
If you are a full-time student, you can complete the program within two years. If you are a part-time student, you can complete the program within four years. If you earned a baccalaureate degree in social work from an undergraduate social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, in the United States or Canada, you may apply for Advanced Standing and complete the program in one year following successful completion of any additional courses required to fulfill the professional foundation. A full complement of MSW courses are offered in the evening.
Areas of Emphasis
An area of emphasis focuses on a student-identified and student-driven topic, population, or specialization. Some of the options for emphasis include:
- Social Policy
- International Social Work
- Children, Youth and Families
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Health Area of Emphasis
- LISTA (Latino/a Initiatives for Service, Training and Assessment).
We offer several certificate programs designed to give you the necessary skills and knowledge in key areas of practice. Learn from dynamic instructors who are chosen for their expertise and real-world experience. Explore these certificate programs that are open to you:
- Aging and Health Certificate Program
- Violence Against Women and Children Certificate Program
- Addiction Counselor Training (ACT) Certificate Program
- Promoting Child and Adolescent Well-Being
Use these links to access important information relevant to your studies:
- Application Information
- Tuition and Fees
- Traditional MSW Curriculum (2 year and 4 year options)
- Traditional Advanced Standing MSW Curriculum
For further information, email us at Admissions@ssw.rutgers.edu.