School of Social Work Graduate Student Association (SSWGSA)
Welcome to the Rutgers School of Social Work Graduate Student Association (SSWGSA). If you are a graduate student, you are automatically enrolled as a member.
Established in 2005, the SSWGSA is a vibrant association that:
- Supports and encourages social, academic, and professional development of social work best practices by MSW and PhD students
- Serves as a conduit for dialogue between students, faculty, and administration
- Advocates on behalf of the student body to the administration
SSWGSA Executive Council
The SSWGSA executive council meets once a month, September through May. Elections are held every spring, and officers serve a 12-month term that begins in May. Interested in holding a council position? Email us at rutgersSSWSA@gmail.com.
Each year, we provide volunteer hours and financial support to various non-profit and charitable community service organizations.
Graduate Student Lounges (GSL)
There are three graduate student lounges located on the New Brunswick campus:
- College Avenue, around the corner from Panera at 126 College Avenue, with the entrance under the archway between the RU Student Center and Panera
- School of Social Work, 536 George Street, Room 209
- Art History Graduate Lounge, 71 Hamilton Street
For more information, please email us at rutgersSSWSA@gmail.com.