MSW Event: RU-SSW Field Agencies Respond to Two Pandemics
RU-SSW Field Agencies Respond to Two Pandemics: COVID-19 and Structural Inequality and Racism
Join us for the first in the Voices from the Field speaker series sponsored by the SSW Department of Field Education. NJ social service agency leaders will discuss how their agencies are responding to these deep and interrelated social challenges. Speakers include:
- Renee Koubiadis, Executive Director of the Anti-Poverty Network of NJ
- Melissa Chalker, LCSW, Executive Director of the New Jersey Foundation for Aging, Trenton, NJ
- The Reverend Susan Victor, LCSW, Director of Counseling and Support and Chaplain, Womanspace, Inc.
- The Reverend Gena Jefferson, Founder, LCSW, JAIA, New York, New York
- Rosalind Ford, LCSW, Director Clinical Services, Hyacinth - AIDS Foundation
- Charles Thomas, LCSW, Volunteers of America, Delaware Valley
- Tamika Levels-Hood, LSW, Vice President of Homeless Services, Volunteers of America, Delaware Valley
- Lorianne McGuffin, LCSW, CCS, Director of Clinical Services – Crossroads Programs, Willingboro, NJ
The discussion will center on three questions:
- How would you describe the effects of the two pandemics upon your organization’s clients, staff, services, and mission?
- What have you observed to be the intersectional effect of these pandemics?
- What tactics or strategies has your organization used, planned, or envisioned to manage through these “pandemic times?