Rutgers E-mail and NetID
All students, whether continuing in Rutgers or new to the University must have an active Net ID and Rutgers email account. As MSW students, it is critical that the School has the ability to communicate with you via email in a reliable, secure and timely manner. We will now only be using email addresses registered with Rutgers University for communication with you. The University cannot guarantee mail delivery to students who forward their mail outside of Rutgers (e.g.: to Gmail, Yahoo or others), and since you will be held responsible for the instructions, deadlines and other important information we will be sending via email, it is imperative to your good academic standing that you comply with this directive.
Make sure to set up your Rutgers email account properly and as soon as possible.
The University and the School of Social Work require that you read email regularly at http://scarletmail.rutgers.edu. Please check the instructions below to see that you have set up your email address properly.
- Go to netid.rutgers.edu
- If you have not yet activated your NetID, click on “Activate NetID” and follow the screens to complete this process.
- If you already have an active NetID, click on “Manage Email Addresses” and log in using your NetID and password to review your account and address the following:
- Review the information on the left that explains the functions of the different types of email addresses.
- If you do not already have a self-selected personalized email address, you may create one in the section on the top of the page.
- Your ScarletMail email address should be listed in your “Delivery Email Account” section. If it is not there, please enter the address in one of the boxes and click on “Add Delivery Address.” Again, the University does not guarantee mail delivery to other email account systems like gmail, yahoo, etc.
- Your “Official Rutgers Email Address” MUST be set to either:
- Address listed in the “personalized email addresses” section on the top of the screen, OR
- Your ScarletMail address (your firstname.lastname@example.org)
These are critical steps to ensure that your official Rutgers emails are delivered to your ScarletMail inbox. If you see multiple lines in the “Official Rutgers Email Address” section, any changes you make will be applied to all roles, so you only have to make the change once. If you require technical assistance with your Net ID, password, or University email account you can contact the Computing Help Desk available on all three campuses:
- Camden: 856-225-6274 or email@example.com
- New Brunswick: 848-445-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newark: 973-353-5083 or email@example.com
Online Photo Submission
All Rutgers University students must obtain a student ID card (photo ID) that is managed through the Office of Identity and Access Management (IAM). You can use the IAM online portal (see website below) to easily submit the photo you would like included on your ID Card. Once your photo has been approved by IAM, you may pick up your photo ID at one of the campus specific locations:
Camden Campus Center
326 Penn Street Main Lobby
Camden, NJ 08102-1410
Phone: (856) 225-6211
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM-6:00 PM
249 University Avenue
3rd Floor (Photo ID Window)
Newark, NJ 07102-1896
Phone: (973) 353-1580
Regular Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
New Brunswick Campus
College Avenue Campus
RU Express and Board Plan Office
Records Hall Rm 102
620 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Phone: (848) 932-8041
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Parking and Transportation
For information about parking, go to https://ipo.rutgers.edu/dots. This website also includes links for the Camden and Newark Campuses.
Student Health Insurance
Rutgers University policy requires comprehensive health insurance coverage for all students who are registered full time (9 credits or more) OR, who are in the Intensive Weekend program. For more information and options, visit https://riskmanagement.rutgers.edu/student-health-insurance.
Rutgers Residence Life supports the mission of the University by fostering the creation of safe, comfortable, and inclusive residential communities which are conducive to student development. For information about Graduate Student Housing, please go to the following websites for more information:
- Camden: https://www.camden.rutgers.edu/campus-life/housing-dining
- New Brunswick: http://ruoncampus.rutgers.edu/facilities/graduate-students/
- Newark: https://housing.newark.rutgers.edu/graduate-housing-options
If you believe that you are or should be receiving Disability Accommodations, please contact the Office of Disability Services. You can learn more about Disability Accommodations at https://ods.rutgers.edu/.
Erin G. Leuthold
Rutgers-Camden Learning Center
Armitage Hall, Room 235
311 North Fifth Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1405
Office of Disability Services-New Brunswick
Lucy Stone Hall, Suite A145
54 Joyce Kilmer Avenue
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8045
Office of Disability Services-Newark
Robeson Campus Center, Suite 219
350 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Newark, NJ 07102
Blended, Intensive Weekend, and 100% Online students should contact the New Brunswick office of Disability Services for information and assistance.