Office of Student Affairs
Welcome MSW Students!
The Office of Student Affairs is available to all graduate students in our MSW programs to ensure a successful and high quality experience while studying at Rutgers. Explore the topics listed in the boxes below for helpful information, resources, and tools.
For latest news and announcements, click here.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: All School of Social Work students taking classes at any Rutgers campus location must be vaccinated. Students enrolled in fully online degree programs (typically defined as having no access to on-campus facilities) will not need to provide proof of vaccination.
- COVID-19 Weekly Testing Requirement: Weekly testing is required of Rutgers affiliates who are on campus regularly (at least once weekly). Identification information may need to be submitted by the affiliate’s department to TPAG to enable registration for testing. Individuals who have uploaded their complete vaccination record(s) to the Rutgers Vaccination Portal (NetID required) AND who are fully vaccinated (2 weeks have elapsed since final COVID-19 vaccination) are exempt from the weekly testing requirement. Not vaccinated yet? Schedule an appointment at one of Rutgers’ convenient on-campus vaccination clinics. Rutgers affiliates can register for an appointment via the Rutgers Vaccination Portal, community members should contact the Rutgers Vaccine Scheduling Assistance Program. Learn more and get answers to frequently asked questions.
- New Jersey Vaccine Distribution for Social Workers & Students | According to the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs (DCA), social workers and social work students/interns who are not licensed but work in a health care setting, long-term care facility, and other locations where they are at high-risk to exposure to the virus are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine through Phase 1A of the state's COVID-19 vaccination rollout. For more information, please view this up date from NASW-New Jersey. Additional information on vaccine distribution will be shared when available.
If you are a BASW, DSW, or PhD student in need of assistance, please contact your advisor directly, or program contact listed below:
Support for BASW Students
- New Brunswick: 848-932-7520, ext. 6
- Camden: 856-225-6346
Support for DSW Students
- 848-932-8481 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for PhD Students
- 848-932-7520, ext. 5 | email@example.com