Skip to Content

Connect to Help

If you have experienced sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking, it is natural to feel overwhelmed or have concerns. There are options available for you to get through this moment. We believe that it is important for you to make the decision that is right for you.

You have an option to speak to resources that are confidential or non-confidential.  Confidential sources, like VPVA and health services, are not required to report the information that you share. Non-confidential sources, however, such as faculty and Title IX Coordinators, must report these incidents. For more information on confidentiality and privacy, visit Title IX.

Below is a general guide of options and next steps you can take following an incident of sexual or dating violence. For specific contact information for the resources on your campus, select your campus below.


Victim Support (VPVAs)

Support is available to you at the Offices for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance (VPVA). There is a VPVA located at every Rutgers campus, including RBHS, to provide guidance to victims/survivors both for immediate and continuing care. These offices have trained advocates who serve to solely support the student’s needs. The VPVA staff are available for emotional support as well as accessing other resources like counseling, medical attention, and other accommodations. These emergency accommodations can include relocation, transportation, work and academic changes. They can explain and accompany you to file a report with the university or police.

Medical Assistance

Health services on campus can provide medical attention that includes testing for STIs or pregnancy, assessing the need for preventative medication, and examination for any injuries or trauma.

If you are interested in evidence collection from an examination, the local hospital has forensic nurse examiners that can preserve evidence in case you may be interested in reporting the incident.  

Reporting Assistance

Students have the option to report to University and/or to police. The decision to file a report is an individual choice. If you feel ready to report to the university, you can speak to the Title IX Coordinator on your campus.

Off-Campus Support

Students have the option to access services on campus but can make the decision to seek assistance in the community outside of Rutgers University. In each county in New Jersey, there are sexual violence programs and domestic violence programs that offer an array of services. These services can include a 24-hour hotline, counseling, referrals, and accompaniments to legal proceedings. For statewide information, visit the New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault or the New Jersey Coalition to End Domestic Violence.

Academic Assistance

There are ways that the university can assist you in providing additional support or protection following an incident. Both Title IX and VPVA can discuss accommodations that are necessary to increase your sense of well-being. Some examples of these measures include security escort, changes in on-campus work or class schedules, assignment extensions, transportation, and emergency housing.

Connecting to these resources on your campus 



Blumenthal Hall, Room 203

                  973 353-1918


Title IX

Coordinator Scott Strother

Paul Robeson Campus Center, Room 316B



Health Services




Dial 911 for emergency or call 973-353-5111


Local DV/SV Programs

Sexual Violence: SAVE of Essex County


Domestic Violence: Rachel Coalition



New Brunswick


3 Bartlett Street, College Ave Campus



Title IX

Coordinator Jackie Moran
Bishop House, Room 206


Health Services




Dial 911 for emergency or call 732-932-7211


Local DV/SV Programs

Sexual Violence: Center for Empowerment

(732) 321-1189

Domestic Violence: Women Aware





Campus Center, 3rd Floor



Title IX

Coordinator Allison Wisniewski

Campus Center, 326 Penn Street



Health Services




Dial 911 for emergency or call 856-225-6111


Local DV/SV Programs

Sexual Violence: SERV

1-866-295-SERV (7378)  

Domestic Violence: Camden County Women’s Center




Services scheduled based on your location



Title IX

If you have questions about Title IX at RBHS, contact Susan Hamilton

Assistant Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs

973-972-5374 or

Back to top