Research and Evaluation
VAWC has successfully established itself as a leader in research. We receive national support from key funders and collaborate with numerous organizations locally and globally.
Recently Released Reports
Examining Teen Dating Violence (TDV) Prevention and Response Practices within New Jersey Public High Schools
We are committed to producing innovative, multidisciplinary research, with an emphasis on evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies. The scope of our research varies from federally-funded projects to smaller local evaluations.
We partner with nonprofit, government, and corporate entities in all aspects of our community-based research projects. We have expertise in a number of topic areas related to violence against women and children, including knowledge of appropriate measures that can be utilized by your organization.
We have conducted community-based, statewide, and national research in:
- Bystander intervention
- Teen dating violence
- Economic empowerment and abuse
- Gender-based violence and abuse in schools
- Gender norms
- Impact of MSW education on violence against women and children
- Attitudes and beliefs of child welfare workers about domestic violence
- Evaluation of community programming around domestic violence and prevention
- Comprehensive assessment of child-welfare involved youth
- Examination of the strengths and challenges of community programs for at-risk youth
- Domestic minor sex trafficking
Projects are led by:
Our affiliates researchers integrate a focus on violence against women and children (as applicable) into their research projects.
- Dr. Judy L. Postmus
- Dr. Rebecca Davis
- Dr. Patricia Findley
- Dr. Chien-Chung Huang
- Dr. Andrea Hetling
- Dr. N. Andrew Peterson
- Dr. Emily Bosk
- Dr. Elithet Silva Martinez
VAWC is also committed to providing learning and mentoring opportunities for MSW and PhD level students. Graduate students work as research assistants in various projects and collaborate with faculty to pursue their own areas of interest.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.