Spotlight: Support of Foster Care Youth
Rutgers School of Social Work's Transitions for Youth and Price Family Fellows within the Institute for Families are supportive programs for students already accepted into the University who are current or former foster care youth with experience in the child welfare system as an adolescent. Youth take part in skills workshops, research, and goal setting for financial and personal needs. Watch the video below to learn more about Amanda, an alumna of Transitions for Youth.
Support areas for our Transitions for Youth and Price Family Fellows programs include:
- A nurturing environment where fellows can expect to receive quality and supportive coaching on a one-on-one basis
- Educational workshops to help fellows realize and work towards their educational, career, and personal goals
- Housing and food stipends for each fellow during school break periods, if needed
- A textbook stipend to assist with the purchase of text books and related academic materials
- A laptop for academic, professional, and personal use for new Price fellows
- A research fellowship allowing each fellow to engage in original research under the mentorship of a Rutgers University faculty or staff member, or an internship related to the career interests of our students
To help support our foster care youth, follow this link and select the "Transitions for Youth Program" gift designation. Your generosity will provide direct assistance to students.