Senior Program Coordinator
Posted on January 3, 2020
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Program Coordinator for School of Social Work(SSW). As part of SSW, the Rutgers Camden Fellows Program provides a range of services to youth “aging out” of the foster care system grounded in a Positive Youth Development (PYD) model. The Rutgers Camden Fellows Program provides a range of supportive services to Rutgers undergraduate students on the Camden campus, who have had experience in the public child welfare system and/or who have been homeless. The Senior Project Coordinator provides supportive and academic coaching, psychoeducational workshops, research fellowships and internships, assistance in securing financial aid and other needed supports. Under the direction of the Price Senior Program Administrative Supervisor, the Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating daily project activities, assuring compliance with all grant mandates, ensuring completion of all project deliverables; coordinating daily operations for Camden Fellows; recruitment of students to the program; outreach to numerous departments at Rutgers, collecting and analyzing program data, writing program reports; and interfacing with all stakeholders of the projects to ensure bi-directional communication.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Responsible for the ongoing communication and outreach to various Rutgers Departments, staff and faculty who make up the Rutgers Camden Champions Advisory Board on the Camden Campus, holding two or more meetings annually and networking with them to to help secure student research fellowships, paid part time employment, housing and other academic supports.
- Works closely with Camden campus and community based organizations to collect winter holiday and in-kind donations for the students.
- Creates and implements on going psycho-educational workshops for students on topics such as financial literacy, emotional resiliency, building lifelong connections and social supports.
- Oversees the program’s Leadership Academy, to help mentor these Leadership Fellows to collaborate on the design and implementation of psycho-educational workshops, plan and implement community service projects and provide peer support to freshman participants.
- Supervises a part time office assistant and student interns.
- Participates in the exploration of funding opportunities to expand the services provided in the program, assists in the preparation of grant proposals and program budget, and participates in ongoing reviews of grant budget expenditures to accurately project use of grant dollars.
- Responsible the collection and evaluation of program related data, and creates program reports to be sent to the funder.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or related discipline.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in coaching and mentoring youth, program planning and implementation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have experience providing services to youth and/or young adults involved with and aging out of the child welfare system.
- Experience with the Positive Youth Development and Strengths Based Models, project coordination, training, workshop delivery and program evaluation required.
- Must have experience working within teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to build relationships is necessary.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and computer (Microsoft Office) literacy.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to sites throughout New Jersey.
- Master of Social Work
- A SIFI-Certified (Seminar in Field Instruction) to supervise MSW student interns
- Experience working in a direct service capacity with youth involved in the child welfare system
- Also, experience in program planning, research and/or evaluation projects, writing reports and preparing grant applications
- Prefer proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Must also be able to gain mastery of use of on line data base documentation system
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- General office environment including light lifting
- Position requires travel throughout the state with a valid driver’s license.
- This position will be located primarily on the Camden Campus.
- The successful applicant will be subject to a background check including criminal history, driver’s license/SSN verification, and child abuse registry check
- Clean Driving Record