Senior Program Administrator
Posted on July 29, 2019
Location: New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Program Administrator (SPA) for The Rutgers School of Social Work. This position oversees and implements one of IFF’s program’s continuous quality improvement program for course instructors. The SPA provides ongoing recruitment, observation, and coaching trainers conducting classroom based professional development throughout New Jersey to professionals working in child welfare and/or early childhood education.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Conducts individual and group practice sessions to enhance trainers’ skills and to introduce a variety of interactive techniques and activities which maximize learner involvement and increase the acquisition of knowledge and skills.
- Provides trainer support through technical assistance, ongoing communication, and coordination of certification and train-the-trainer events.
- Reviews curriculum prior to training observations; completes required documentation and reports in accordance with established timelines.
- Collaborates and communicates with IFF program leads to share findings, recommendations and related coaching plans.
- Documents all technical assistance and coaching provided and tracks progress toward recommended coaching goals.
- Initiates and coordinates trainer certification processes and events.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Human Services, Education, Training, Human Resources, Public/Business Administration, Child Development, or Communications.
- A minimum of five years of facilitating training experience with adult learners.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant experience in Adult Learning Principles, Curriculum Development and Training of Trainers.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle to travel to training sites throughout New Jersey.
- Expertise in competencies supporting professional presentation skills, experience with a variety of engaging and interactive instructional strategies, excellent interpersonal communication, and cultural sensitivity, strong group processing skills, and knowledge of classroom management and transfer of learning strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Human Services, Education, Training, Human Resources, Public/Business Administration, Child Development, or Communications
- Experience in a human service field as demonstrated by at least five years’ experience, knowledge of applicable practice models, and/or fluency in the policies, legislation, and workforce systems supporting the field.
- Computer proficiency to include: setting up and troubleshooting equipment; use of presentation software and inputting data on line.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to travel by personal vehicle to various training locations throughout New Jersey
- Clean Driving Record