Program Coordinator II
Posted on August 9, 2019
Location: New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Program Coordinator II (PC II) for the Rutgers School of Social Work. This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and to the BASW Program Director, the Program Coordinator II provides specialized administrative support. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to, gathering and interpreting data, coordinating, managing inquiries and all day to day program correspondence, and working directly and extensively with students, faculty, staff, and applications to provide a high level of support and customer service. The PC II work is consistent with a basic understanding of the mission, vision, role, and goals of the administrative, academic, or research unit. The individual in this role ensures: well-developed and maintained program records; completed materials and reports; representation of the organization in planning and attending public forums; program information properly disseminated to appropriate students and personnel; processed and compiled paperwork, electronic files, and information as required; and compliance with operational policies and procedures.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Supports the Oﬃce of Student Affairs by assisting with the Scholarship process, provides administrative support to a number of SSW programs and events, and assists with the communication to students and outside organizations as it relates to the life-cycle of a student’s time at SSW.
- Supports the BASW program by maintaining databases, coordinating enrollment, coordinating events and processes, advising students, and providing phone coverage for the program.
- Works with other administrative support staff, arranges logistics and assists with content of events and meetings.
- Assists with the analysis of various administrative documents and program data, creates routine informational materials, and aids in promotional areas of marketing support when appropriate.
- Serves as liaison within and outside the school. Performs professional work that requires knowledge of general program coordination practices and the basic application and use of concepts, theories, and terminology of the organization.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field;or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of office and program administration, organization, facilitation, event/meeting coordination, record keeping, and report writing/analysis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent computer literacy and experience using software tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel (pivot tables), Access, PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong writing skills sufficient to draft correspondence that is clear and concise.
- The ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, responding flexibly and positively in all circumstances.
- The ability to interact and work effectively with a broad range of people, including but not limited to, Faculty, Staff, Students, Administrators, and any additional key points of contact.
- Experience in Higher Education and/or knowledge of Rutgers University environment and administrative structure preferred.