Part-Time Program Assistant
Posted on September 16, 2020
Location: New Brunswick
The Rutgers University, School of Social Work, Center on Violence Against Women and Children is seeking a student worker to fill a part-time program assistant role that supports the center’s Professional Training program. The duties of this position involve providing administrative support related to the professional certificate series offered by the center. This position will interact with contracted subject matter experts, state level partners, program participants, and reports to the center’s Training Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing program enrollment, attendance, and tracking participants for series completion including ongoing communication to increase completion such as providing session reminders, follow-ups, and make-up opportunities.
- Coordinating with subject matter experts to manage training appointments, update contract and trainer documents, and facilitate trainer payment.
- Assisting with any adaptations required for virtual program administration.
- Auditing and updating training content annually to ensure programming is relevant, research informed, and follows approved content/formatting guidelines.
- Working with University partners to update pre/posttest evaluations to ensure they are consistent with existing course materials.
- Preparing session materials including coordination with subject matter experts and photocopying and organizing resources for day of administration.
- Data management including the administration of research surveys and entry of data; collection of session evaluation data and minor data analysis for annual report; management of session pre/post tests and entry into online training administration site.
- With the Training Coordinator planning and implementing a graduation program for participants.
- Administering day of trainings, as needed
- Additional projects or duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. BSW candidates will be considered. This role is looking to support an undergraduate student or graduate student to cover 15-20 hours per week as a part-time program assistant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with library resources and research principles
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, and prioritize
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- One year of related experience in social work or a related field
- Knowledge of gender or power based interpersonal violence
- Familiarity with SPSS Statistics Software
- Experience utilizing online Learning Management Systems, like Canvas
- Travel to training sites and use of personal vehicle may be required
- 15-20 hours per week
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.