Learning and Development Supervisor
Posted on August 13, 2020
Location: New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Learning and Development Supervisor for the The Institute for Families (IFF) within the Rutgers School of Social Work. This position reports to Manager, Learning & Development.The Learning & Development Supervisor is responsible for overseeing new curriculum design or development for both classroom and eLearning instruction, and designing or developing content for job aids, informational documentation, and marketing collateral.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Manages a professional staff of instructional designers and provides work direction to consultants and/or student assistants assigned to provide curriculum and administrative support.
- Ensures adherence to identified instructional design processes and templates, building and supporting strong relationships with subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Improves the quality of the learning experience through data analysis, action mapping, and innovation in learning products.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five (5) years experience working within programs that provide education to adult learners.
- Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills, advanced computer literacy, and the ability to work collaboratively and professionally within a fast-paced team.
- Strong manager of people, effective communicator, efficient project manager, and have a solid understanding of instructional technology methods and tools.
- Ability to be detail oriented while independently managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Significant experience in design of educational products for adult learners.
- Experience designing for innovation and technology in classroom and eLearning platforms.
- Proficiency in one or more eLearning authoring tools—preferably Articulate Storyline.
- Ability to design or develop learning objects that are compatible with specifications of learning management systems (e.g., Canvas and Moodle).
- Comfortable exploring and using additional instructional technology programs and apps.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
For more information and to apply please visit, https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/117667.