Posted on June 30, 2020
Location: New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking Instructional Designers for the School of Social Work. Consistent with IFF’s mission, this position is responsible for the design and development of engaging, learner-centered training courses, modules, and materials in a variety of platforms including traditional classroom-based instruction, synchronous remote learning, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning, microlearning, videos, webinars, screencasts, job aides, simulation, and resource materials.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Utilizes the ADDIE model of course development—from participating in the initial needs assessment through the design, development, rollout, and review of evaluation summaries for all finished courses.
- Transfers existing in-person course content to the appropriate online platform as needed, and provides assistance to colleagues seeking the use of instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Follows standard procedures and techniques to complete content work.
- Collaborates with other team leads to develop project plans that ensure work is consistent with the mission and goals of IFF, and meets client deliverables as projected.
- Exhibits extensive knowledge of relevant technologies and the principles and theories of adult learning.
- Provides ongoing research and review of data to remain current on strategies and trends in learning technology.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Requires a bachelors degree in instructional design, curriculum/ instructional development, instructional technology, or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in instructional design.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of learning and instructional theories and their applications as well as emerging technologies.
- Requires proficiency in one or more eLearning rapid authoring tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc.) as well as proficiency in video and audio editing tools (e.g., Camtasia, Audacity, Power Director, etc.).
- Must have the ability to assist with facilitation of focus groups and present instructional materials to the IFF team and stakeholders, effectively communicate technical information to a nontechnical audience, and establish cooperative working relationships with staff, clients, and SMEs.
- Ability to develop learning objects that are compatible with specifications of learning management systems—including Canvas and eCollege—and troubleshoot issues in compatibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to work with staff with diverse backgrounds and perspectives on the use of technology in a variety of learning capacities.
- Requires open, timely, and consistent communication with the supervisor; and the ability to escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Requires ability to produce, test, and troubleshoot SCORM compliant materials.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to training sites and State offices throughout New Jersey as needed.
For more information and to apply visit the online application here: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/116251.