Posted on September 6, 2019
Location: New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Editor for The Center on Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC) at the Rutgers University School of Social Work.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Performs professional editing tasks, including copying, editing and proofreading papers, articles, and reports.
- Ensures that materials conform to established standards in grammar, language usage, style, and format.
- Evaluates the technical accuracy of various works, ensuring that research is cited correctly, and confers with the Director regarding changes in style, content, and organization.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field.
- Requires up to two years relevant experience with research and writing, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience working with EndNote.
- Knowledge and understanding of subjects related to violence against women and children.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and the Track Changes feature for editing.
- Attention to detail and commitment.
- Ability to manage workflow and prioritize editing and writing tasks.