Assistant Director of Business Services
Posted on June 21, 2022
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Director of Business Services for the School of Social Work. Reporting to the Director for of Business Services, the Assistant Director of is responsible for the daily operations as it relates to Research and Sponsored Projects within the School of Social Work. The position provides full oversite of grant administration for the School of Social Work.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides independent accounting and budgeting support to Directors, Principal Investigators, and research staff including but not limited to proposal budget development, guidance and counsel regarding funding agency guidelines and requirements including both federal and state agencies.
- Manages all aspects that fall within the post-award category, overseeing the allocation of salaries to grants and ensure consistent reconciliation of all sponsored projects and projects related to research activities.
- Acts as the primary approver for expenses against projects, providing proactive guidance to PI’s, research, and the Grant/Contract Coordinators to ensure proper expenditures and no overdrafts.
- Works with the Grant and Contract Accounting office very closely to ensure timely financial reporting for all sponsored projects, maintaining a tracking system detailing the reporting schedules and required documents needed.
- Prepares for grant account closeouts, working with PI’s and business staff to identify and process costs transfers, salary reallocations as needed and appropriate within the stated University and sponsor guidelines.
- Acts as the back-up for the Director of Business Services as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required for the smooth operation of the Business Services.
Learn more and apply at https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/167760