Posted on March 15, 2021
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Application Developer for the Institute for Families (IFF). The Application Developer is responsible for implementing front-end and/or back-end elements supporting the data hub. The successful candidate must have familiarity with database and web servers from development to production. The Application Developer will also be responsible for ensuring documentation for users and developers is maintained in accordance with internal and external standards. Troubleshooting, validity checking, quality assurance, and customer service are needed for all phases of the position’s scope, as well as for updating overall site content.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Interacts with stakeholders, including bi-weekly meetings, conference calls and email communications.
- Implements various processes for generating and displaying data in support of Data Hub project website and LDR.
- Responsible for moving files and developing and running scripts on database and web servers (development to production) following strict security protocols.
- Responsible for high-quality output and responsiveness to stakeholder needs for all phases of the project.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum two (2) years of programming experience.
- Familiarity with moving files and developing and running scripts on database and web servers from development to production following strict security protocols.
- Experience following QA processes and troubleshooting with a high degree of accuracy.
- Adheres to the utmost degree of professionalism, including good judgment, communication, organization, and time management skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks, respond flexibly and positively, and the ability to interact and work effectively with a broad range of people, such as Funders, Faculty, Staff, Students, Administrators, and any additional key points of contact.
For more information and to apply, please visit the online application here: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/128415.