Posted on July 15, 2019
Location: New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for The Institute for Families at Rutgers University’s School of Social Work. This position joins New Jersey Child Support Institute (NJCSI). This position is responsible for providing administrative support by assisting staff, visitors and participants with the scheduling of appointments, processing various administrative documents and data while managing day-to-day office operations, use of site space, preparing agreements, MOUs, and vendor forms, and reconciling payment arrangements.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Prepares and organizes training materials, generating mailings and communication, and control of records, statistics, reports and documents.
- Addresses inquiries from training participants, project partners, and program-affiliated personnel via phone and email and will assist with preparation for trainings and events.
- Supports operational tasks such as utilizing a Learning Management System (LMS) to input attendance, provides site support, and maintains spreadsheets and documentation.
- Collaborates with team leads and members to ensure work is consistent with the mission and goals of the NJCSI and IFF, and meets client deliverables as projected.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of office administration, organization skills, coordination, facilitation, record-keeping and report writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel throughout New Jersey as needed.
- Also requires excellent communication skills, computer literacy, and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Must have intermediate mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.), database management, learning management systems, university-wide systems, and e-mail applications and be at ease with learning new systems and applications.
- Must be able to operate office equipment including copy machine, printers, telephones, and computer workstations and make minor repairs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- General office environment including light lifting.
- Must be willing to travel, when necessary, to sites throughout New Jersey.
- Clean Driving Record
- This position will be located off-campus at IFF’s Cherry Hill site.