Want to learn more about getting a PhD?
Join us on November 7th or December 4th for a PhD information session. Get your questions answered!
Click on the date to register:
- Nov 7, 2022 05:30-7:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Dec 4, 2022 03:00-4:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Doctor of Philosophy in Social Work (PhD)
We offer a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in conjunction with the School of Graduate Studies-New Brunswick. Rutgers is a member of the highly selective Association of American Universities (AAU) comprised of 62 leading research universities in North America. We have an outstanding research faculty and research opportunities for doctoral students.
The PhD program is located in New Brunswick, a dynamic and centrally located learning community that is easy to access from New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. Learn more about life at Rutgers.
Our PhD program prepares students for careers as faculty, research scientists, policy analysts, and leaders in the field of social welfare. We offer:
- mentoring by our exceptional Ph.D. faculty
- a dynamic, diverse, and accomplished student body from across the United States and the world
- strong professional development support, including funding for conferences
- research facilities that rank among the best in our nation
- research opportunities with faculty and institutes in areas including child welfare, poverty, violence against women and children, mental health services, addictions, gambling, international development, prevention, health, and public health
- generous funding packages for all full-time students through the fourth year, with tuition, health coverage, and fees covered for the first five years.
- excellent job placements in academia and research
Apply for the RUSSW PhD Program today, applications close on January 15, 2023.