MSW Fellowship in Aging
As part of its continued commitment to fostering excellence in social work and aging, the Rutgers School of Social Work offers fellowships in social work and aging. MSW students who are selected as fellows demonstrate exceptional commitment to work with older adults and their families. They also demonstrate a high level of potential for enacting leadership in gerontology at any level of social work practice. The MSW Fellowship in Aging is part of Rutgers' participation in the national Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education.
To Learn More about the Fellowship
- Visit the "frequently asked questions" page about the program by clicking here.
- View a brief informational video about the program by clicking here.
- Learn about prior fellows' leadership projects by clicking links within the box located in the top right-hand corner of this webpage.
Benefits of the Fellowship
- A scholarship of $2,000.
- An enhanced field placement in aging that includes a student-directed, field-based project to promote leadership development for the field of aging.
- Additional advising from faculty and peers.
- A mark of distinction on your resume.
- Accepted into the MSW Aging & Health Certificate program.
- Students in either the Clinical OR Management and Policy(MAP) specializations are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The Application for the Fellowship in Aging 2019-2020 is now closed.
2019-2020 MSW Fellows in Aging
Congratulations to the new cohort of MSW Fellows in Aging for the upcoming 2019-2020 academic year:
1. Iyana Anderson, Newark- The David J. Stern Fellow in Aging- placed at The Senior Centers of the Chathams
2. William Andrews, New Brunswick- placed at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
3. Chinwendu Obi, Newark- placed at Jewish Family Service and Children's Center of Clifton- Passaic
4. Anne Raulerson, New Brunswick- The Parker Life Fellow in Aging- placed at Parker Life
5. Amanda Scheuer, New Brunswick- placed at CareOne of East Brunswick
6. Elizabeth Wolf, Camden- placed at Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice South Jersey