MSW Certificate for LISTA
LISTA: Latina/o Initiatives for Service, Training, and Assessment
Approximately 20% of both New Jersey and New York's individual state populations are Hispanic and as this community continues to grow there is a lack of culturally competent social practioners to work effectively with these populations. The LISTA Certificate Program, with funding from the New York Community Trust, was developed to fill this gap.
LISTA aims to increase the number of social workers who are culturally competent to provide services to Hispanic populations through:
- Education on evidence-based culturally sensitive practices
- Internships in Hispanic serving agencies
- Experiential learning through study abroad in Hispanic countries
The LISTA Certificate Program is open to students:
- in the traditional, blended, 100% online, and advanced standing MSW programs.
- in the clinical or management and policy specialization.
- on any of the three Rutgers campuses (Camden, Newark, New Brunswick)
- in a full- or part-time enrollment.
Application extended until December 15, 2020: https://rutgers.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9YLuNfFa9TfZnhj.
Rutgers SSW is seeking agencies that would like to provide field placements and stipends for MSW students who have special training in working with Hispanic populations, and who are, in some cases, bilingual.
If you would like to provide a sponsored field placement for a LISTA student, please contact Raymond Sanchez Mayers at email@example.com.