MSW Certificate for LISTA
LISTA: Latina/o/x Initiatives for Service, Training, and Assessment
Approximately 20% of both New Jersey and New York's individual state populations are Latina/o/x and as these communities continue to grow there is a greater need for culturally responsive social practitioners to work effectively with these populations. The LISTA Certificate Program, with funding from the New York Community Trust, was developed to fill this gap.
LISTA aims to increase the number of social workers who are culturally competent to provide services to Latina/o/x populations through:
- Education on evidence-based culturally responsive practices
- Internships in Hispanic serving agencies
- Experiential learning through study abroad in Hispanic countries
The LISTA Certificate Program is open to students:
- in the traditional, blended, 100% online, and advanced standing MSW programs.
- in the clinical or management and policy specialization.
- on any of the three Rutgers campuses (Camden, Newark, New Brunswick)
- in a full- or part-time enrollment.
The spring application period runs from February 10 to April 15. This application period is reserved for Advanced Standing students beginning the Traditional MSW program in May. The link to apply is https://rutgers.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9LeTsRB5PU6enuS. Decisions will be made by April 25. Late applications will not be accepted.
Get an inside look at the LISTA Certificate Program as alum Jasmine Barboza speaks with LISTA Field Program Coordinator Sara Diaz about her experience as a LISTA student and how it prepared her for her career in social work.
Rutgers SSW is seeking agencies that would like to provide field placements and stipends for MSW students who have special training in working with Hispanic populations, and who are, in some cases, bilingual.
If you would like to provide a sponsored field placement for a LISTA student, please contact Elsa Candelario at firstname.lastname@example.org.