Skip to Content

Postgraduate Applications

Already graduated?  You may take ACT courses after you graduate by applying for acceptance into the ACT program as a postgraduate, and if accepted, you enroll in the university as a non-matriculating student. 

Postgraduates with Clinical Masters Degree 

Postgrads with a clinical masters degree may fulfill the work requirement through their employment at a state-licensed substance abuse treatment organization.  Those without such employment may enroll in an ACT field placement, as ACT provides dual-credentialed supervision and those hours will accrue toward the work requirement for the LCADC.

Those who already have the CADC as well as a clinical master’s degree have already met the education hours and supervision requirements for the CADC. Thus, ACT is not necessary and you need only to apply for the LCADC through the Certification Board.

Postgraduates WITHOUT a Clinical Masters Degree

Those who have a master’s degree that is not clinical may apply to ACT, but they will need to consult with our advisor to determine if any additional coursework, beyond the six ACT courses, will be required to earn the LCADC.

Transfer Credits

Unfortunately, ACT cannot accept transfer courses or credits from any other program or institution.

Back to top