The following are eligible to apply to ACT:
- Clinicians with a masters or doctorate in a counseling discipline who wish to earn all or part of their LCADC education hours
- MSW students who wish to earn their LCADC hours while taking the courses required for the MSW degree
- Masters or doctoral students in other clinical disciplines wishing to earn their LCADC hours while completing their degree. Examples of clinical disciplines include, but are not limited to
- Psychiatric nursing
- Marriage and family counseling
- Addiction medicine
- Other counseling disciplines
The following are NOT eligible to apply to ACT:
- Students in the Intensive Weekend, 100% Online, or Blended MSW program
- Postgraduates who do not have a bachelor’s degree
- Postgraduates whose clinical graduate degree is from a school whose graduates are ineligible for a clinical license
To be considered for ACT enrollment, graduate students must be accepted into their graduate program of study (e.g., School of Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, etc.) before submitting their application to the ACT Certificate Program.
Students who already have an earned masters or doctorate in a counseling profession may submit their application directly to the ACT Certificate Program during the next application period.