Skip to Content


Your pathway to the LCADC

Dual-licensed clinicians (LCADC / LCSW or LPC) will be the clinical leaders in NJ.  Fulfill the LCSW & LCADC educational requirements and receive supervised internship hours while earning your MSW or the LCADC educational hours as a postgraduate. 

The Addiction Counselor Training (ACT) Certificate program provides:

  • All the required LCADC education hours in a 6-course curriculum
  • Convenient hybrid course format that reduces in-class hours to 4 or 5 days per semester
  • Courses on Fridays in New Brunswick and Saturdays in Camden and Newark
  • All the required supervised field hours in a DMHAS-approved treatment organization
  • Preparation for the application process and licensing exams
  • Individualized advising and specialized workshops
  • Mentorship from dual-credentialed clinicians and other addiction professionals

Who can apply?

  • Clinicians with a masters or doctorate in a counseling/mental health discipline who wish to earn their LCADC
  • Incoming MSW students who wish to earn their LCADC education hours while taking the courses required for the MSW degree
  • Incoming masters or doctoral students in other counseling disciplines wishing to earn their LCADC education hours while completing their degree

The ACT application is now open and may be accessed using this link:


Check below for specific deadlines for each type of applicant:

Current MSW students in the Traditional (on campus) program - clinical specialization only - March 1

New Advanced Standing MSW students beginning the Traditional (on campus) program this summer - clinical specialization only - April 1

Postgrads - April 1

New MSW students beginning the Traditional (on campus) program this fall - May 1


The ACT application is part of a common Certificates application.  Students may apply to multiple Certificates via the one application.  

If you have questions about whether you are eligible to apply to ACT, please email

Note:  For MSW students, ACT is compatible with the Traditional (on campus) program only; students must be in the Clinical specialization.


Back to top