Center for Nonprofit Management and Governance
The Rutgers School of Social work, Center for Nonprofit Management and Governance is now a Foundation Center Cooperating Collections site. As a Cooperating collections site we can provide access to the Foundation Center's unparalleled wealth of information on U.S. grants and grantmakers, along with one-on-one assistance and training on how to use it-all at no charge. We are a part of a rapidly growing network of funding information centers, located in libraries, community foundations, and nonprofit resource centers throughout the nation, gives grantseekers the dedicated support they need to find the grants they want.
Stop in at our office on 390 George Street or call 732-932-8758 Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm to find out how the Foundation Center's resources can benefit you in your grant search.
The Center for Nonprofit Management and Governance School of Social Work at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is dedicated to scholarship, training, research, consultation, technical assistance and public policy formation relevant to the leadership of nonprofit organizations in New Jersey, the United States and globally.
- Develop training programs including but not limited to seminars, certificate programs, traveling workshops, distance learning and self guided CD ROM or DVD base efforts.
- Conduct research on matters relevant to the leadership of nonprofit organizations.
- Develop a program of consultation and technical assistance for nonprofit organizations.
- Work with faculty members to improve and strengthen the curricula relating to the academic concentration on nonprofit and public management within the School of Social Work at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
- Expand and strengthen field placement choices and experiences for students focusing on nonprofit management.
- Serve as a convener, catalyst and facilitator for the development of sound public policy affecting the governance and management of nonprofit organizations.
- Create dynamic solutions to social problems and to strengthen family and community well-being in this diverse and increasingly global environment of New Jersey and beyond.