Center on Violence Against Women and Children
Created in the Spring of 2007, the Center on Violence Against Women & Children (VAWC) exemplifies the land grant mission of Rutgers by engaging community partners from the academic, corporate, nonprofit, and government sectors to collaborate on different projects. The four components of the center's work include research, continuing education, MSW education, and community facilitation.
VAWC was in the news during the Super Bowl for promoting awareness that this is the largest human trafficking event in the United States. Trafficking during the Super Bowl
VAWC welcomes six faculty affiliates to join the Center’s
research team. As affiliates, these researchers are committed to integrating a
focus on violence against women and children (as applicable) into current or
future research projects. The six faculty are: Dr. Rebecca Davis, Dr. Patricia Findley, Dr. Andrea Hetling, Dr. Chien-Chung Huang, Dr.Elithet Silva-Martinez, and Dr. Andy Peterson. We are delighted they are part of our VAWC community
- Applications are now open for the 2014-2015 VAWC-MSW certificate program. You can apply to the program by clicking here. The deadline for applications is December 13, 2013.
- VAWC is now a member a of the Institute for Women's Leadership. IWL is a consortium of teaching, research, and public service units of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. The institute and its members are dedicated to examining leadership issues and advancing women's leadership in all arenas of public life – locally, nationally and globally. Click here to visit the IWL website.
- Click here to view new job opportunities!
- To view all issues of VAWC-Web, our monthly newsletter, visit the VAWC-Web Archive. To subscribe to the newsletter mailing list or to have information included in the newsletter, please email email@example.com
- Information about all workshops can be found here.
VAWC is proud to recognize these organizations for their support of programming:
Be aware that abusers can track your visit to this Web Page.
Click here for Internet and Computer Safety Tips
If you need immediate help or support, please contact:
Rutgers Office for Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance:
NJ Domestic Violence Hotline:
NJ Sexual Assault Hotline:
Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN):
National Domestic Violence Hotline: