Research and Evaluation
Transitions for Youth is conducting a process and impact evaluation of Project MYSELF and the Summer Housing Internship Program for former New Jersey foster youth who are now enrolled in higher education institutions.
The primary purposes of the evaluation are to:
- Examine the efficacy of the program models in keeping vulnerable youth involved in higher education programs.
- Explore characteristics of youth most likely to benefit from this spectrum of services compared to those who are most likely to terminate early.
- Measure the long-term impact of the programs on youths' educational, interpersonal, and occupational functioning.
- Provide feedback on program and staff implementation so that improvements can be made to service delivery.
- Examine the comparative costs and logistics of the programs so that the costs and benefits can be measured.
For more information, contact:
Brad Forenza, PhD Candidate