Supplemental Application Materials
The Supplementary Materials required for admission to the Intensive Weekend program are intended to ensure that both the applicant and the employer understand the requirements of the program and are each able to make the necessary commitments, that a viable field placement can be arranged for the applicant that meets program guidelines and is manageable within the parameters of the student's employment, and that the student will have the time available to fulfill the requirements of field work and academic study.
Please see a copy of last year's Supplementary Materials to get a general idea of requirements. Do not complete these forms, as they will no longer be accepted. The applicant will be sent a link to the online Supplementary Materials form, if invited to proceed to this next step.
The following items are part of the Supplementary Materials required for admission to the Intensive Weekend program, followed by an interview. Some of these items are submitted at the time of the initial online application; others are part of the Supplementary submission. Submitted with initial online application
- Supervisor's recommendation (submitted online in fulfillment of one of three professional recommendation letters)
- Applicant's current resume (submitted with online application)
- Confidential disclosure statement
Online Supplementary Form
Submitted by mail
- Current position description and employing agency information
- Preliminary Field Education Proposal
- Plan to fulfill field requirements in the context of employment
- Confirmatory page signed by Applicant, Agency Director/designate, and proposed field instructor, attesting that they have reviewed and are in agreement with the plans submitted via online Supplementary Forms.
- Proposed Field Instructor's Resume, including degree/license information, (Supervision in Field Instruction) SIFI certification, if available.
The confirmatory page with original signatures and Field Instructor Resume must be submitted directly to the School of Social Work, by the due date (March 31 for advanced standing; April 30, for the 3 year program):
Intensive Weekend Program
Rutgers School of Social Work
536 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901