Fulfill the LCSW & LCADC educational requirements and receive
supervised internship hours while earning your MSW
or the LCADC educational hours as a postgraduate!
Funded by the NJ Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, ACT provides
- All the required LCADC education hours in a 6-course curriculum
- Convenient hybrid course format that reduces in-class hours to 4 or 5 days per semester
- Courses on Fridays or Saturdays in New Brunswick or Saturdays in Camden and Newark
- All the required supervised field hours in a DMHAS-approved treatment organization
- Preparation for the application process and licensing exams
- Individualized advising and specialized workshops while enrolled in the program
- Mentorship from dual-credentialed clinicians and other addiction professionals
- Financial awards between $3500 and $6000 for all students completing program
Application periods are March 1 to June 15, & September 15 to October 15
- Clinicians with a masters or doctorate in a counseling/mental health discipline who wish to earn their LCADC
- Incoming MSW students who wish to earn their LCADC education hours while taking the courses required for the MSW degree
- Incoming masters or doctoral students in other counseling disciplines wishing to earn their LCADC education hours while completing their degree
NOTE: Incoming graduate students must be accepted by their graduate program before applying to ACT.
If you are a student currently enrolled in clinical masters or doctoral program, or a clinician who has already earned a masters or doctoral degree, you are welcome to apply.
Please take a moment to review our website and FAQ to determine if ACT is a good match for your needs. If you qualify and wish to apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button to begin your application.
If you have questions, please contact Heidi Rodrick, LCSW, LCADC, CPS, at ACT@ssw.rutgers.edu.
Next application period:
March 1 - June 15, 2013