Fulfill the LCSW & LCADC educational requirements and receive
supervised internship hours while earning your MSW
or the LCADC educational hours as a postgraduate!
Funded by the NJ Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, ACT provides
- All the required LCADC education hours in a 6-course curriculum
- Convenient hybrid course format that reduces in-class hours to 4 or 5 days per semester
- Courses on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays in New Brunswick, Camden and Newark
- All the required supervised field hours in a DMHAS-approved treatment organization
- Preparation for the application process and licensing exams
- Individualized advising and specialized workshops while enrolled in the program
- Mentorship from dual-credentialed clinicians and other addiction professionals
- Clinicians with a masters or doctorate in a counseling/mental health discipline who wish to earn their LCADC
- Incoming MSW students who wish to earn their LCADC education hours while taking the courses required for the MSW degree
- Incoming masters or doctoral students in other counseling disciplines wishing to earn their LCADC education hours while completing their degree
NOTE: Incoming graduate students must be accepted by their graduate program before applying to ACT. MSW students must be accepted to or enrolled in the traditional program only.
Please note the following changes to the Spring 2015
application period for ACT. This update is
effective 2/20/15 and supersedes other information found on this ACT website
regarding this application period.
Spring 2015 Application
If you are a current traditional
MSW student or newly admitted traditional Advanced
Standing MSW student who is beginning May 2015, the ACT
application is now closed.
for newly admitted traditional MSW
students who are beginning Fall 2015 and post grads who already hold an MSW or other
clinical Master’s degree
You may apply through this link:
If you have questions, please email ACT@ssw.rutgers.edu.