Fulfill the LCSW & LCADC educational requirements and receive
supervised internship hours while earning your MSW
or the LCADC educational hours as a postgraduate!
Funded by the NJ Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, ACT provides
- All the required LCADC education hours in a 6-course curriculum
- Convenient hybrid course format that reduces in-class hours to 4 or 5 days per semester
- Courses on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays in New Brunswick, Camden and Newark
- All the required supervised field hours in a DMHAS-approved treatment organization
- Preparation for the application process and licensing exams
- Individualized advising and specialized workshops while enrolled in the program
- Mentorship from dual-credentialed clinicians and other addiction professionals
- Clinicians with a masters or doctorate in a counseling/mental health discipline who wish to earn their LCADC
- Incoming MSW students who wish to earn their LCADC education hours while taking the courses required for the MSW degree
- Incoming masters or doctoral students in other counseling disciplines wishing to earn their LCADC education hours while completing their degree
NOTE: Incoming graduate students must be accepted by their graduate program before applying to ACT.
APPLICATION NOW CLOSED
If you are a student currently enrolled in clinical masters or doctoral program, or a clinician who has already earned a masters or doctoral degree, you are welcome to apply.
Please take a moment to review our website and FAQ to determine if ACT is a good match for your needs. If you qualify and wish to apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button to begin your application.
If you have questions, please email ACT@ssw.rutgers.edu.