Fulfill the LCSW & LCADC educational requirements and receive
supervised internship hours while earning your MSW
or the LCADC educational hours as a postgraduate!
Funded by the NJ Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, ACT provides
- All the required LCADC education hours in a 6-course curriculum
- Convenient hybrid course format that reduces in-class hours to 4 or 5 days per semester
- Courses on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays in New Brunswick, Camden and Newark
- All the required supervised field hours in a DMHAS-approved treatment organization
- Preparation for the application process and licensing exams
- Individualized advising and specialized workshops while enrolled in the program
- Mentorship from dual-credentialed clinicians and other addiction professionals
- Clinicians with a masters or doctorate in a counseling/mental health discipline who wish to earn their LCADC
- Incoming MSW students who wish to earn their LCADC education hours while taking the courses required for the MSW degree
- Incoming masters or doctoral students in other counseling disciplines wishing to earn their LCADC education hours while completing their degree
NOTE: Incoming graduate students must be accepted by their graduate program before applying to ACT. MSW students must be accepted to or enrolled in the traditional program only.
The ACT application is now open and will remain open through April 1, 2016.
New incoming MSW students (including Advanced Standing) enrolling in the traditional (on campus) program, current MSW students enrolled in the traditional (on campus) program, and postgrads are welcome to apply.
Please read the first page of the application carefully. Proofread your application and verify that your contact information is accurate.
The application may be accessed at this link:
Applications will not be reviewed until the application period has closed. Please do not contact ACT to check if we received your application.
Due to exclusive requirements, MSW students may participate in only one of the three Certificate programs – ACT, Aging, or VAWC.
If you have questions, please email ACT@ssw.rutgers.edu.